So Rich Galen has a blog called Mullings, in which he arranges random blurbs in a highly annoying bullet-point format and just hopes they'll magically coalesce into some kind of argument. His ridiculous case today goes something like this:
- John Kerry accused George Bush's fluff speech of being another effort to "invent a false link between the war in Iraq and the tragedy of Sept. 11."
- New York City is on heightened alert due to intelligence indicating a terror threat on the subways.
- The intelligence prompting the alert in New York came from a raid on a terror cell outside of Baghdad, which is in Iraq (just so we're clear).
- THERFORE New York City is in danger of being attacked from Iraq.
- The 9/11 attacks happened in New York.
- THEREFORE John Kerry is a moron for not seeing the connection between Iraq and 9/11. See? It's right there. Iraq - New York - 9/11.
Brains and coffee, all over my computer screen. It's not pretty.
WHEN DID THE TERRORISTS MOVE INTO THE BAGHDAD SUBURBS, GALEN?