YDATL Blog
NOTE: The opinions expressed by our individual bloggers are their own, and not necessarily those of Young Democrats of Atlanta.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Democrats playing like the JV team
Today's bloggerSports aficionados know coach speak. Coaches always talk about their team's “hunger” or lack thereof. Good teams have it. Teams that win have it. It's about wanting it because you want it, not because someone told you that you want it. It's about having the drive to win. I don't see all Georgia Democrats bringing that hunger to the most important race we have faced since we took power 137 years ago.

The most glaring deficiency in desire is, in my view from the trenches, coming from the Taylor campaign. Now, there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Mark himself wants this sucker. Mark himself will leave no stone unturned in his quest to smash the Sonny Perdue regime and send him back to farming peanuts with Jimmy Carter, or going shopping for pink suits and green ties, or whatever the hell he did before he decided to get all cozy with the flag freaks. But setting aside his apparently off-the-mark TV ads, the volunteer effort for the Taylor campaign sucks, and that's a recipe for setting another all-time record for alcohol consumed at Manuel's on November 7th. I have personally handed my card to a Taylor campaign official, signed up at several events, and written the campaign a check (also with my phone number on it), and so far I have been contacted exactly ZERO times regarding volunteering for the campaign. By contrast, Jim Martin's people have called me three times already pleading for me to help them phone bank. News flash to the Taylor campaign: DON'T GIVE ME ANY MORE OF YOUR FREAKING LITERATURE, JUST TELL ME WHEN I CAN HELP YOU. When I have to find out about phone banks for you from Curt Thompson and the Gwinnett County Democrats (I live in COBB), there is a PROBLEM. From what I hear, I am far from the most important person the Taylor campaign's volunteer coordinator and assistants have failed to involve in the campaign despite best efforts to the contrary. News flash #2: If you ignore your faithful, from me to county chairs, YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE. I want to win and Mark wants to win and Democrats across Georgia want to win; why don't his campaign staff?

Slacker #2 in this campaign is Denise Majette. Yeah, I know we're just not going to beat KKKathy Cox this time around, but come on. I have YET to see a SINGLE piece of campaign literature from the Majette “campaign”. I mean, I've seen campaign literature from Griffin Lotson and MET MAC MCCARLEY for crying out loud. I feel like I'm going to see literature with “Mickey Mouse: Strong for Georgia” on it before I see something from Denise Majette. The last update to the Majette web site's press room is JUNE 9. Go to the front page and you see that from June 13 to September 30 there are TWO campaign events listed. I have heard more about Cobb County school board candidates. I have heard more from KATHY COX. I have PERSONALLY seen more of Darryl Hicks, Shaaym Reddy, Gail Buckner, Scott Holcomb, and Angela Moore than I have of this mythical Denise Majette individual. If I had known that the Majette campaign were going to make Michael Brown look adroit and sprightly, I would have voted for Carlotta Harrell despite all her flaws – at least Carlotta WORKED. I am NEVER voting for Denise Majette again in a primary. Denise, stop wasting our time.

The pathetic lack of effort I am seeing from Denise's campaign in particular contrasts sharply (thankfully) to what I am seeing from several other major Democrats running in Georgia. Jim Martin, bless his heart, is running all out against Casey Cagle, and whether or not he wins he's going to be able to sleep well at night. Tommy Irvin isn't resting on the laurels of being a legend in the history of Democratic politics – he knows Gary Black is a threat and he's responding. Guy Drexinger is breaking new ground and I think John Oxendine is going down. If Denise were working as hard as freaking Melanie Eyre up in North Fulton, I wouldn't have had to make this post. Mark and Denise, GET A CLUE ALREADY. Stop embarrassing us by looking like the JV team playing the Steelers.
del.icio.us digg Furl Ma.gnolia NewsVine Reddit Spurl YahooMyWeb

posted by Ataru Atlanta at 9/07/2006 11:14:00 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicolette said...

only benson would get this pissed off about not being called to volunteer

9/08/2006 09:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call the campaign office or sign up on the website. They have contacted the individuals who have signed up through the website.

9/08/2006 03:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melanie Eyre . . . sorry but Im concentrating my time on Jan Hackney's race . . . one we can win

9/08/2006 04:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have received emails on numerous occasions to come in and volunteer.

9/09/2006 09:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger


© 2007 Young Democrats of Atlanta.
| home | about | events | join | contribute | act! | blog | links |
Copyright 2003-2007, campaignwindow.com™
Find out how you can create your own political website!