YDATL Blog
NOTE: The opinions expressed by our individual bloggers are their own, and not necessarily those of Young Democrats of Atlanta.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Thinking Left about the GADCC dinner
Today's blogger
Sorry for the repeat folks, I blew it last night.

  • I thought Mark Taylor did a pretty decent job of sounding conciliatory, tense snickers notwithstanding. I think we can win this sucker.


  • I was extremely surprised not to see Guy Drexinger in attendance – I can only hope he was busy campaigning somewhere else.


  • I want to see more of Robert Brown. He had the best rhetoric of the night, and even DuBose Porter had a tough time following him.


  • It was gratifying to see Shyam Reddy and some of the other players from the Secretary of State race. I'm looking forward to seeing him on the ballot again soon.


  • It was equally gratifying to not see ahem certain other losing candidates, although Cathy would have been a welcome sight.


  • I want to go on record as saying that Mike Berlon sounds like a very good idea for DPG chair, despite criticism coming from certain quarters. I think he can be a leader – without leadership those other things like money and vision don't really matter.


  • I was extremely impressed by how certain, um, young-at-heart Democrats managed to go toe-to-toe with us Young Democrats at the after party and the after-after party. Talk about aging gracefully!


  • Speaking of the after party, I dispute the idea that we found the Manuel's in Macon – there was no draft Guinness, forcing me to drink the very dangerous martini instead. Also, there were no boiled peanuts...


  • Three cheers for Angelia Knight, who also got the “Aww!” award by speaking very lovingly of Tasso.


  • If anyone saw the Mark Warner people, please let me know – I thought they were planning on attending, but all I saw was some (welcome) literature. I think Mark is going to do well here.


(On an unrelated note, please check out our Summertime Blue event announcement, which I have unfortunately bumped with this post.)
del.icio.us digg Furl Ma.gnolia NewsVine Reddit Spurl YahooMyWeb

posted by Ataru Atlanta at 8/15/2006 07:04:00 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicolette said...

its cool - i plan on reposting it every monday....because i'm just that irritating

8/15/2006 07:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger


© 2007 Young Democrats of Atlanta.
| home | about | events | join | contribute | act! | blog | links |
Copyright 2003-2007, campaignwindow.com™
Find out how you can create your own political website!