YDATL Blog
NOTE: The opinions expressed by our individual bloggers are their own, and not necessarily those of Young Democrats of Atlanta.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Democrats chasing red herrings again
Dagnabbit, sometimes our party reminds me just how we let an incurious, totally unintellectual liar win a second election. We really get distracted by some stupid things and before we know it, the real fight has passed us by. From today's Progress Report:
ABRAMOFF HAS PHOTOS WITH BUSH ON DISPLAY IN HIS HOME: According to Eisler, Jack Abramoff has several photos with President Bush and First Lady Laura Bush in his house, "just sitting in his office." McClellan has previously said if photos of Bush with Abramoff exist, they are shots taken at "widely attended" Hanukkah receptions in 2001 and 2002. That's not what Eisler saw in Abramoff's home office. He reports that none of the photos at Abramoff's house were from holiday parties. One photo at Abramoff's home depicts Bush shaking hands with Abramoff inside the Old Executive Office Building. Another shows Bush with Abramoff at what appears to be the Corcoran Gallery of Art. A third photo, which has not previously been disclosed, is of Abramoff's wife with Laura Bush.

WHO FREAKING CARES?
Policy Chair Kate has a picture in front of the Christmas tree with the Clintons - looking mighty cute and totally Bill's type (i.e., female) - hanging in her hallway. Does that mean she made out with Slick Willie? Come to my office, and prominently above my desk you'll find on my cubicle wall this cozy snap of me and my bestest buddy Al. See how chummy we are? Does this suddenly make me, your second most conservative officer, part of the screaming left wing? NO. It means it's fun to get your picture taken with powerful people. Ask Rev. Sharpton if he remembers me. And what about the amicable but fast moving Gov. Dean? Is he taking policy cues from our girl Kimberly down at MoveOn?

For crying out loud, if my Republican connections somehow landed me a 5 second photo op with President Bush, you can bet your sweet potato pie that crap would be up on the wall in my apartment, if only so I could tell you about the time I stumped the President. I doubt it'd be evidence that I changed his mind on Permanent War.

Jack Abramoff has done some nefarious things, and he's going to bring a lot of people down with him. But it is NOT going to help our side of the story if we go off chasing photographs and acting like a bunch of moonbats.
del.icio.us digg Furl Ma.gnolia NewsVine Reddit Spurl YahooMyWeb

posted by Aerodad at 2/09/2006 11:28:00 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Aerodad said...

That's a fine question. We should all take one of those political quizzes - I mean, c'mon, Justi made us do enneagrams.

It's hard to pick from among you guys, a lot harder than just separating Kate and me off to the right side of the table. I'd have to say...Benson? Or perhaps he's just more vocal! :-P

2/12/2006 02:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger


© 2007 Young Democrats of Atlanta.
| home | about | events | join | contribute | act! | blog | links |
Copyright 2003-2007, campaignwindow.com™
Find out how you can create your own political website!