YDATL Blog
NOTE: The opinions expressed by our individual bloggers are their own, and not necessarily those of Young Democrats of Atlanta.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Young Democrats open thread - who won the debate last night?
Hopefully y'all managed to catch the debate last night (if you wussed out, you can get something resembling a recap from Blog for Democracy). CNN seems to be leaning towards Biden as the strongest performer - and I have to agree, I thought Biden was (with only a couple of exceptions) excellent. I think Obama "won" in the sense that he did the most to keep on his message, but I also thought Edwards had a good performance. Hillary Clinton played it really safe and politically correct, which was probably what she was going for, but I wasn't impressed. Bill Richardson was much worse than he should have been - he just wasn't good at all, which is sad given his resume, and I thought the idea of boycotting the Olympics to pressure China was really silly.

What do YOU think? Who won the Pretzel Award? Are you sick of Dennis Kucinich yet? Is Chris Dodd that boring in real life? Are you closer or further away from deciding on a candidate for 2008? Did you groan out loud when they started talking about a draft?
del.icio.us digg Furl Ma.gnolia NewsVine Reddit Spurl YahooMyWeb

posted by Ataru Atlanta at 6/04/2007 10:06:00 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I'd say prob #1 was Hillary
#2 - Edwards for going on offense

Biden was too stubborn/angry/meanlookin

Richardson was boring

Kucinich and Gravel are crazy

6/04/2007 01:38:00 PM  
Blogger Allison Layton said...

Clinton and Richardson did ok, they didn't hurt themselves, but could have done better. I was actually impresed with the idea of boycotting the Olympics - I don't like the idea, but I'm glad he is willing to put something on the table, other than force, in hopes to make a country do something we want. We've boycotted olympics before, but under more extream circumstances and I think it should be reserved for those types of circumstances. Also, I'm as impressed with his resume as the next person, but he does need to stop prefecing his answers with, "when I was [insert title here], I did [insert answer]."

Obama didn't shine at all.

Edwards came off as desperate, but I did like his point about leadership vs legislature.

Biden game off as hornery, but stuck to his guns.

Dodd gave one answer I liked, I think it had to do the official language, but I pretty much ignored him the entire time. Gravel provides comic relief and Kucinich provides visual relief.

6/04/2007 02:47:00 PM  
Blogger Allison Layton said...

visual relief in a keebler elf sort of funny way.

6/04/2007 02:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe Richardson still polls close to double digits. I was in a room full of people -- none of whom like my guy -- all wondering, "Wait, did he [Bill] answer the question?" Great resume doesn't go very far if you can't articulate it ever.

Most telling data of the night is over at Chris Dodd's site:
http://chrisdodd.com/node/1377

The media have decided whom you will pick from for president. It's all a construct.

6/05/2007 12:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger


© 2007 Young Democrats of Atlanta.
| home | about | events | join | contribute | act! | blog | links |
Copyright 2003-2007, campaignwindow.com™
Find out how you can create your own political website!